The Reserve Bank of India has decided to stop the circulation of Rs 2000 Note in India. As per new rules ₹2000 Note Ban Demonetisation will be implemented from 19 May 2023 onwards. People who wish to Exchange Rs 2000 Note in India can deposit it to the nearest bank and then collect the other legal tender. However, it is confirmed that Rs 2000 Note will remain legal tender till September 30th, 2023 and all of you can deposit maximum Rs 20,000/- at a time. However, you can exchange the notes multiple times by going to the branch in which you have an account. We have discussed all the information in this post related to the Rs 2000 Note Ban in India. Moreover, you can also find the instructions regarding the process to deposit and Rs 2000 Maximum Deposit Limit. Make sure you have read the Rs 2000 Note New Rules regarding Validity and Last Date to Deposit ₹2000 Note.
₹2000 Note Ban Demonetisation
|News||Rs 2000 Note Ban in India|
|Announced by||Reserve Bank of India|
|Reason of Rs 2000 Note Ban||Purpose Resolved|
|Rs 2000 Note Demonetisation Notification||19 May 2023|
|₹2000 Ban Implemented From||19 May 2023|
|₹2000 Note Bank Deposit||23 May 2023|
|Last Date to Deposit Rs 2000 Note||30 September 2023|
|Where to Deposit||Bank and RBI Regional Office|
|Maximum Deposit Allowed||Rs 20000/- in One Visit|
|Total Money in Circulation||Rs 6.73 Lakh Crore|
|Cash Deposit through Vending Machine||No Guidelines|
- RBI has directed the banks to Withdraw Rs 2000 Note which are in circulation.
- In the notice, they have mentioned the Rs 2000 Note Ban in India and now the citizens who have it can deposit it in the banks.
- Make sure you carry only 10 Notes at a time because only Rs 20000/- can be deposited at the time.
- You should know that the Last Date to Deposit Rs 2000 Note is 30th September 2023.
- You can also use the notes in the market because it will remain to be legal tender till 30th September 2023.
Rs 2000 Note Ban in India
The RBI has decided to do the ₹2000 Note Ban Demonetisation in India and all the citizens who are currently having it can deposit it from 23rd May 2023 Onwards. As per reason given by RBI, 2000 Rupee Note was introduced to make balance between demand and scarcity of the other legal tenders. You can deposit the notes to the bank and they will be equally acceptable in the market too. According to rules, you can deposit a maximum of 10 Nos Rs 2000 Note which counts up to Rs 20000/-.
However, you can do the deposit multiple times and get your notes exchanged. We have got the hack for it because no guidelines related to the Deposit in Cash machine have been made which means that you can deposit maximum notes in the Cash Vending Machine. The news regarding the ₹2000 Note Withdraw Decision was taken on 19th May and as per notice released by RBI, you can start depositing the money from 23rd May 2023 onwards and last date to deposit the Rs 2000 Note is 30th September 2023.
RBI Rs 2000/- Note Ban in India : Highlights
Read the Points below to know about the Highlights of RBI Rs 2000/- Note Ban In India.
- Rs 2000 Note Withdraw Notice is issued by the Reserve Bank of India on 19 May 2023.
- According to the Notice, ₹2000 Notes have to be returned to the bank by the citizens till 30th September 2023.
- This decision was taken to create the smaller legal tender and Rs 2000 Note served the temporary requirement.
- You can deposit the notes till 30th September 2023 and Rs 20000/- Maximum Valued Notes can be deposited at the time.
- Many People are worried regarding the new rules so we want them to be calm because it is not going to be similar like earlier.
RBI Withdraws Rs 2000/- Note
- The Reserve Bank of India has announced to Withdraw Rs 2000 Note in circulation from today onwards.
- However, they also confirmed that it will remain to be legal tender and can be used at any time.
- You can get the Notes Exchanged till 30th September 2023 in the Nearest Bank and get your notes exchanged.
- Citizens can also visit the RBI Regional Offices at various locations to get the notes changed.
- Maximum limit has been fixed by the RBI as per which you can get only Rs 20,000/- Notes Exchanged.
₹2000 Note Deposit Last Date to Exchange
- The Last Date to Exchange Rs 2000 Note in India is 30th September 2023.
- Banks will start exchanging the notes from 23rd May 2023 onwards.
- You can exchange maximum Rs 20,000/- valued notes in the single visit.
- However, no upper limit on cash deposit through vending machines is mentioned in the notice.
- You can also use the note in shops, markets and malls because it will remain legal tender.
₹2000 Note Maximum Deposit Limit
- The Rs 2000 Note Maximum Deposit Limit is Rs 20000/- at a time.
- All the Banks, Post Offices and RBI Regional Offices will facilitate the exchanging of Rs 2000 Note.
- However, multiple deposits are allowed on different days and you can exchange more than valued notes.
- You can opt for deposit or get notes in exchange of Rs 500, Rs 100 or Rs 200 Notes.
- Validity of Notes will remain till 30th September 2023 and you can also exchange it after 30th September.
Rs 2000 Note Validity
According to news, Rs 2000 Note Validity in India is till 30th September 2023. You can start depositing the notes from 23 May onwards or you can get them exchanged. Maximum Limit to be exchanged by a single person is mentioned above. It is to inform you that notes can be used at the market or shops also. Those who did not get the chance and failed to deposit the currency can give the notes after 30th September also duly giving the explanation of delay. Maximum limit of Rs 20000 is fixed by RBI so that Banks do not face the sudden rush and thus they can serve all.
Rs 2000 Note Last Date to Deposit
- The Last Date to Deposit Rs 2000 Note is 30th September 2023.
- From 23rd May 2023 onwards, the Bank will start exchanging the notes.
- You can get the notes exchanged from the Bank and RBI Branch.
- Maximum Limit to deposit Notes is Rs 20000/-.
RBI Notice Rs 2000 Note Ban Notification 2023 PDF Download
|RBI Notice Rs 2000 Note Ban Notification 2023 PDF Download||Check Here|
Top Questions on Rs 2000 Note Ban 2023 by RBI Notice Pdf
RBI Ban on Rs 2000 Note is applicable from 19 May 2023.
Go to Nearest Bank to exchange the Rs 2000 note.
You can Exchange Rs 2000 Note till 30th September 2023.
Maximum Exchange Limit is Rs 20000/- which means 10 Notes of Rs 2000/-.
Exchange of Rs 2000 Note will begin from 23 May 2023.